The PRINCE2 Themes
- What are PRINCE2 themes
- The seven themes of PRINCE2
- The Business Case theme – justify WHY this project is required
- The Organization theme – The project management team roles
- The Quality theme – How to ensure products meet requirements
- The Plans theme – What, when, who, when and how
- The Risk theme – What-if, managing threats and opportunities
- The Change theme – Monitor and control project issues
- The Progress theme – Monitor and controlling project status
The PRINCE2 Processes
- The PRINCE2 process model
- The seven processes of PRINCE2
- The anatomy of a process
- How processes interact with each other
- The purpose, objectives, activities and outputs of each process
- Starting up a Project – Check the project feasibility
- Directing a Project – Provide management guidance and control
- Initiating a Project – Plan how the project will be delivered
- Controlling a Stage – Deliver stage within agreed tolerance
- Managing Product Delivery – Deliver the specialist products
- Managing a Stage Boundary – Review how the stage performed
- Closing a Project – Hand over products and evaluate performance
The PRINCE2 Management Products
- Baseline products, records and reports
- Purpose, content and templates
- Discuss the key PRINCE2 products such as Business Case, Benefits Review, Project Initiation Documentation, Strategies, Registers, Logs and Reports
The Prince2 certification is the suitable for:
- Consultants/contract staff operating in a PRINCE2 environment
- Project Managers considering a career in a PRINCE2 environment
- New and experienced project staff
PRINCE2 Foundation is an introduction to Prince2 training and covers details of the PRINCE2 methodology and terminology plus the documents, roles and stages in PRINCE2. For many people involved in projects, but not managing them, this is training is well worth doing.
Product managers, engineering leads and business analysts are key groups which are strongly recommended to be trained and Certified on PRINCE2.
Prince2 foundation level certification has no specific eligibility criteria.
Though, anyone who has worked in project management for three years can very well take up this course.PRINCE2 Foundation course is about building project management skills and competencies, so there is no application process or prior experience required to appear for Foundation exam.
Anyone who is working in project management or wants to take up a career in project management can be benefited by attending the PRINCE2 course.
PRINCE2 certification requires passing the requisite examinations or assessment.
- The Entry level Foundation exam is a one-hour, multiple choice exam which tests candidates knowledge of the method.
- The exam consists of 75 questions, 5 of which are trial questions which do not carry a mark.
- Of the remaining 70 questions which do carry a mark, the candidate needs to score 50% or more (i.e. 35 or more) to pass.
The Certification is Governed by Axelos and Certification fee may vary based on on Location.
On completion of Prince 2 Foundation certification, you can opt for next higher level certification i.e. Prince2 Practitioner.
Certification in PRINCE2 provides you with greater control of resources, and the ability to manage business and project risk more effectively, which provides benefits to:
- Professionals seeking leading project management skills and greater employment prospects.
- Project managers.
- Directors/executives (owners) of projects and organizations.
One of the key reasons prince2 benefits companies and individuals alike is because concepts are flexible. It can be used in any kind of company for a project of any means or size. Further to this; the skills which are taught can be carried onto other jobs in other sectors and therefore proves to have transferable skills which will increase your popularity in the job market; a very competitive place at the moment.
These are just some of the benefits from applying prince2 to your working career; besides a higher salary and respect within the workplace by your peers and colleagues.
What is PRINCE2?
- PRINCE2® is a method for managing projects. It helps you work out who should be involved and what they will be responsible for. It gives you a set of processes to work through and explains what information you should be gathering along the way.
Who owns PRINCE2?
- The copyright of PRINCE2® belongs to the Axelos.
Which countries recognise PRINCE2?
- With over a million exams already taken globally PRINCE2 is already recognised as the world’s most popular project management methodology.
What will a PRINCE2 qualification do for me?
- A qualification in PRINCE2 will not only boost your skills and confidence when managing projects but will greatly improve your employment prospects.
How long are the PRINCE2 qualifications valid for?
- The Foundation examination does not have an expiry period.
- What pass mark is required to be eligible to become a PRINCE2 trainer?
- Candidates who pass the Practitioner exam are recognised as a “PRINCE2 Registered Practitioner”. Individuals will remain registered for a period of 5 calendar years. To maintain their registered status.
- Practitioners must complete and pass the PRINCE2 Re-Registration examination 3-5 calendar years after their initial/previous Practitioner certification.
How big does a project have to be before PRINCE2 can be used?
- PRINCE2 can be applied to all sorts of projects, from the very small to the very large.
Is PRINCE2 aimed at any particular type of project?
- PRINCE2 is designed to be applied generally to all types of project, be they construction, engineering, IT, business, financial or whatever. In the past, it has been aimed at IT projects, and so it is still well used in this area however there has been significant growth recently in other industries.
Does PRINCE2 guarantee a successful outcome to projects?
- Not Always! But when applied sensibly it will increase the chances of your projects being successful.
How can I advertise myself as PRINCE2 qualified on my business card?
- Candidates who have passed the PRINCE2 examination can state they are a on CVs, business cards and online profiles.
Where can I sit the exams?
- Jagsar is Authorised to take up Examination at inhouse.Please contact the JAGSAR International consultant directly for more information.